This tiny cafe is randomly tucked away behind a sidestreen laneway near the Federal Police Headquarters in Sydney’s outer CBD. It is home to a very small kitchen, and equally tiny, low-table, seated eat-in area, so if you’re hoping to sit down and enjoy yourself, you may need to prepare for a wait.
Clearly asian-inspired flavours are featured in their snacks and macarons (apparently one of the best in Sydney).
I chose a box of six flavours ($16.0)
- Lychee and “Raspbelly” – i’m sure this is a FOB typo, but hilarious nonetheless, and the best flavour I chose – a perky lychee cream with a raspberry jelly disc centre
- Roasted Green Tea – a subtle green tea flavour macaron
- Uji Matcha Green Tea – amazing roasted tea sugary filling, stronger than roasted green tea
- White Chocolate and Blackberry – strong salty twist with a sweet blackberry core
- Jasmine Tea – Yes, I’m a fan of tea; this was a really sweet version of Jasmine Tea, but they definitely captured the flavour in their macaron
- Black Sesame – too subtle for my liking
And then I couldn’t resist the Matcha Muffin ($4.5) which was pretty darn delicious, a cream cheese centre and red bean base, with a sugared top, it had a very strong flavour of Matcha Tea with a moist centre due to the cream cheese.